In the previous blog posts, we answered
- Question 1 of 5 “What is machine epsilon?”
- Question 2 of 5 “How do I find machine epsilon using MATLAB code?”
Here we answer the next question.
Future posts will answer these questions
Question 4 of 5: What is the significance of machine epsilon for a student in an introductory course in numerical methods?
Question 5 of 5: What is the proof that the absolute relative true error in representing a number on a machine is always less than the machine epsilon?
This post is brought to you by
- Holistic Numerical Methods Open Course Ware:
- Numerical Methods for the STEM undergraduate at http://nm.MathForCollege.com;
- Introduction to Matrix Algebra for the STEM undergraduate at http://ma.MathForCollege.com
- the textbooks on
- the Massive Open Online Course (MOOCs) available at